NEW HOPE CHRISTIAN CENTER AND WHAT WE BELIEVE
We believe the Bible is God's inspired Word, a Revelation from God to man. We accept it as our all-sufficient rule for faith and practice.
The wording of this statement is not intended to be taken as inspired. Nor do we make any claim that this statement contains all the truth of the Bible. This simple statement of truth, however, is set forth as being essential to a full-gospel ministry.
1. The Scriptures Inspired - We believe the Bible is the inspired and only infallible and authoritative Word of God (2 Timothy 3:15; 16; 2 Peter 1:21).
2. The One True God - We believe there is one God, eternally existing in three Persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Ghost (Deuteronomy 6:4; Matthew 28:19; Mark 12:29; John 5:17-30).
3. The Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ - We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal future return to this earth in power and glory to rule over the nations (Isaiah 7:14; Hebrews 7:26; Acts 2:22; 1 Corinthians 15:3, 4; Acts 1:9-11).
4. The Fall of Man - We believe man was created good and upright; but man voluntarily sinned and thereby incurred both physical and spiritual death, which is separation from God (Genesis 1:26, 27; 2:17; 3:6; Romans 5:12-19).
5. The Salvation of Man - We believe the only means of our being cleansed from sin is through repentance and through faith in the precious blood of Christ. Regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential for personal salvation (Luke 24:47; Romans 8:16; 10:13-15: Tutus 2:11; 3:5-7).
6. Ordinances of the Church - We believe the ordinances of the church are the communion of the Lord's Supper and baptism in water by immersion, in the name of the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit (2 Peter 1:4; 1 Corinthians 11:26; Matthew 28:19; Romans 6:4).
7. The Baptism in the Holy Spirit - We believe that the baptism in the Holy Spirit is granted to all believers who ask for it. We further believe this experience is distinct from and follows the new birth, that it was the normal experience of New Testament Christians, and that it brings an enduement of power for Christian living and service (Luke 24:49; Acts 1:4; 8: 2:4; 10:44-46; 15:8, 9).
8. The Evidence of the Baptism in the Holy Spirit - We believe the baptism of believers in the Holy Spirit is witnessed by the initial physical sign of speaking with other tongues as the Spirit of God gives utterance. This speaking in tongues is the same in essence as the gift of tongues but is different in its purpose and use (Acts 2:4; 1 Corinthians 12:4-10, 28)
9. Sanctification - We believe the Scriptures teach a life of holiness. Sanctification is a separation from that which is evil and a dedication unto God. We believe all believers should earnestly pursue sanctification by walking in obedience to God's Word. We further believe that the Christian is able to live a godly life by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit (Hebrews 12:14; 1 Peter 1:15, 16; Philippians 2:12,13).
10. The Church and Its Mission - The Church is the Body of Christ, the habitation of God through the Spirit, with divine appointments for the fulfillment of her great commission. Each believer, born of the Spirit, is an integral part of the General Assembly and Church of the Firstborn, which are written in Heaven (Ephesians 1:22, 23; 2:22; Hebrews 12:23).
Since God’s purpose concerning man is to seek and to save that which is lost, to be worshiped by man, and to build a body of believers in the image of His Son, the priority reason-for-being New Hope Christian Center is:
a) To be an agency of God for evangelizing the world (Acts 1:8; Matthew 28:19, 20; Mark 16:15, 16)
b) To be a corporate body in which man may worship God (1 Corinthians 12:13).
c) To be a channel of God’s purpose to build a body of saints being perfected in the image of His Son (Ephesians 4:11-16; 1 Corinthians 12:28; 14:12).
New Hope Christian Center exists expressly to give continuing emphasis to this reason-for-being in the New Testament Apostolic pattern by teaching and encouraging believers to be baptized in the Holy Spirit. This experience:
a) Enables them to evangelize in the power of the spirit with accompanying supernatural signs (Mark 16:15-20; Acts 4:29-31; Hebrews 2:3, 4).
b) Adds a necessary dimension to worshipful relationship with God (1 Corinthians 2:10-16; 12, 13 and 14).
c) Enables them to respond to the full working of the Holy Spirit in expression of fruit and gifts and ministries as in New Testament times for edifying of the Body of Christ (Galatians 5:22-26; 1 Corinthians 14:12; Ephesians 4:11, 12; 1 Corinthians 12:28; Colossians 1:29).
11. The Ministry – A divinely called and scripturally ordained ministry has been provided by our Lord for the threefold purpose of leading the Church in: (1) Evangelization of the world (Mark 16:15-2-, (2) Worship of God (John 4:23, 24), (3) Building a body of saints being perfected in the image of His Son (Ephesians 4:11-16).
12. Divine Healing – WE believe that Christ’s death on the cross provides healing for the human body, in answer to believing prayer (Isaiah 53:4, 5; Matthew 8:16, 17; James 5:14-16).
13. The Blessed Hope – We believe in the resurrection of those who have fallen asleep in Christ, and their translation together with those who are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord. This is the imminent and blessed hope of the Church (1 Thessalonians 4:16, 17; Romans 8:23; Titus 2:14; 1 Corinthians 15:51, 52).
14. The Millennial Reign of Christ – We believe the second coming of Christ includes the rapture of the saints, which is our blessed hope, followed by the visible return of Christ with His saints to rule on the earth for a thousand years. The millennial reign will bring the salvation of national Israel and establish universal peace (Zechariah 14:5; Matthew 24:27, 30; Revelation 1:7; 19:11-24; 20:1-6; Romans 11:26; Isaiah 11:6-9; Micah 4:3,4)
15. The Final Judgment – We believe there will be a final judgment in which the wicked dead will be raised and judged according to their works. Whoever is not found written in the Book of Life will be consigned to everlasting punishment, which is the second death (Matthew 25:46; Mark 9:34-48; Revelation 19:20; 20:11-15; 21:8).
16. The New Heavens and the New Earth – “We, according to His promise, look for new heavens and new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness” (2 Peter 2:13; Revelation 21, 22).
This, in essence, is what we believe. It is an expression of truth taught at New Hope Christian Center.
As mentioned previously, we do not claim that this Statement encompasses ALL the truth of the Bible. However, this Statement is set forth as being essential to our ministry.